*please complete form at the bottom of the page*
Current Positions Available
Blossom on Columbus seeks a full-time Assistant/Bar Manager. This is a demanding, hands-on position on a fast-paced floor in a team environment. This position requires grace under pressure, the ability to multi-task and "see the whole picture".
- A combination of bartending and floor managing shifts
- Overseeing wine and spirits programs
- Beverage inventory and ordering
- Taking and managing reservations, creating a nightly floor plan, greeting and seating guests
- Answering a high volume phone, fielding general inquiries, taking delivery and pickup orders
- Managing all aspects of guest relations, customer service, problem solving
- Assisting service staff on the floor as needed; being "the extra hand" wherever necessary
- Acting as liason between FOH and BOH
- Assisting the General Manager in all aspects of operations
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years restaurant experience
- Strong background in reservation and table management, host experience, phone systems
- Extensive experience as a bartender (minimum 3 years)
- While some management experience is preferred, this is also a good opportunity for an enthusiastic, seasoned bartender looking to make the move into management
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), positive attitude, dependability
- POS experience; Open Table/RezBook/other online table management system experience
- Passion for vegan/vegetarian food and lifestyle strongly preferred
- Strong wine, beer, and spirits knowledge
Weekend and evening availability is required.
If not currently in possession of a NYC Food Protection Certificate, candidate must be willing to obtain one within one month of hire.